[pcre-dev] HELP needed, please

Author: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev, Zoltán Herczeg, exim-maintainers
Subject: [pcre-dev] HELP needed, please
I have started to migrate PCRE2 and have fallen at the first hurdle. Having
created a GitHub project, I tried to import from the existing Subversion
repo, but that didn't work. It didn't seem to be able to find something it
could work with.

I then tried to use "git svn" to clone the svn repo onto my local machine
as a git repo that can then be pushed to GitHub. However, I cannot get this
to work. Here's an example of the errors I'm getting:

$ git svn clone http://vcs.exim.org/pcre2/code/ --authors-file=users.txt
--no-metadata --prefix "" -s pcre2
Session URL does not match expected session URL: Repository moved
permanently to 'https://git.exim.org/pcre2/code' at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Git/SVN.pm line 310.

It has set up the new pcre2 directory as a git repo, but of course it's
empty. Does anybody know how I should proceed? Googling hasn't produced
anything helpful yet.

I all else fails, I can populate the new local repo by hand, I suppose, and
then push to GitHub.

Regards,
Philip