Re: [exim] Help with dual-key DKIM

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: List: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with dual-key DKIM
On 26 Jul 2021, at 13:51, Perry Naseck via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Thanks for your response. Would you mind elaborating? Which tool should I be using? I'm not very experienced with configuring Exim, but I would like to learn.

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html#SECTsinglekeylookups

"lsearch: The given file is a text file that is searched linearly for a line beginning with the search key, terminated by a colon or white space or the end of the line. The search is case-insensitive; that is, upper and lower case letters are treated as the same. The first occurrence of the key that is found in the file is used.”

So… if there are lines after the first match, they’ll never be reached. As Jeremy states, wrong tool for the job.

If you want to persevere with lsearch, make your key (the bit before the colon) unique and set multiple values, something like:

domain.com_rsa: …
domain.com_ed25519: …

then do two separate lookups.

Graeme