Re: [exim] Testing 4.95-RC0 questions and warnings

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testing 4.95-RC0 questions and warnings
On 19/07/2021 14:30, David Restall via Exim-users wrote:
> Where do we send 'stuff' to if we're compiling and testing Exim 4.95-RC0 ?

Here works.

> I'm compiling 4.95-RC0 I get the following warnings emitted :-
>
> cc filter.c
> filter.c: In function 'interpret_commands':
> filter.c:2018:23: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
> 2018 | else headers_charset = s; /*XXX loses track of const */

Yup, known, and only appeared there as a result of pushing constification
further through the code. The data items should be readonly, and that
has always been the case. It was too hard at the time to work out
what this source was doing, so I stopped there.

Volunteers welcome (as I keep saying).

--
Cheers,
Jeremy