Re: [exim] Count all (incl. non local) recipients?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Count all (incl. non local) recipients?
On 14/07/2021 03:35, MRob via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi, I was trying and find like $rcpt_count or $recipients_count for full count of addresses in TO/CC for incoming message. But these $rcpt_count or $recipients_count are for count envelope recipients (what's difference?)

What is in the envelope is defined by the SMTP protocol sequence
used by the client, and conveniently available to the server/

What is in the headers is entirely up to the client, and mostly
treated as black-box data by the server (and not interpreted).

> I am wonder how we can look at TO:/CC: header which has many recipients but most are not for local domains? To get overall count of addresses/recipients at all domains in the TO: and CC: fields? Sorry if this is FAQ I tried to search mailing list

$h_whatever
${addresses: }
${listcount: }
${eval: }