Re: [exim] Exim in systemd system (queue mode)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim in systemd system (queue mode)
On 02/07/2021 20:25, michael--- via Exim-users wrote:
> Now, in a systemd based system the "/etc/init.d/exim queue" command is
> missing. And I can't find a "systemctl queue exim.service" equivalent.
> Can I just replace this step with: "/usr/sbin/exim -bd -odq" ?

If that matches your usual command line, yes.

> Or do you recommend another approach?

It depends what your concerns are. I assume you're worrying
about half-delivered files but not about half-received files
in spool. You'd want to add a detect/wait for any ongoing
queue-runner processes to what you list, though (ok, the
probability of a queued message for a local delivery destination
is low. But nonzero).

Another approach would be to test in ACL the existence of
a named file, and if present, divert received messages to
an alternate queue and set queue-only.

Touch the file before starting the backup.
After the backup completes, remove the file and move
the alternate queue en-masse to the main queue
(or, just manaully run the alternate queue).

Then you don't even need to stop/start the exim daemon.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy