Re: [exim] Better way to deal with phished users?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Niels Dettenbach
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Niels Kobschätzki
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Better way to deal with phished users?
Am Montag, 5. Juli 2021, 05:40:04 CEST schrieb Niels Kobschätzki via Exim-
users:
> I have again and again problems with phished users.

just my view to this:

what are "phished users"?

email addresses are (by idea) no "secrets". "Secreting" mail addresses as a "
anti spam measure" is just weird and - as the current "hotmail" spam shows it
- widely useless.

Minimize spam could and should be the issue of the regarding email isp /
admin / hostmasters, independend from how "old" and widely used a email
adress is and how open it is shown in the web etc..

These "current" hotmail CC spam in most cases is coming from outlook.com
servers (Microsoft) and it is their thing to solve that - if not, their
senders get a problem because of a horrible reputation of their email
provider.

For us, we solved it by giving hotmail.com senders a significant "lower
reputation" until Microsoft solves this.

just my .02$

niels.

--
---