Re: [exim] too long line but which one?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew C Aitchison
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] too long line but which one?
On Wed, 30 Jun 2021, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz via Exim-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how to log that too long line(s), so it will be easy to point where the
> problem is in case of mail incoming via smtp ?
>
>   deny
>         message       = maximum allowed line length is 998 octets, \
>                         got $max_received_linelength
>         condition     = ${if > {$max_received_linelength}{998} }

If you add a log_message line (works a lot like message)
then the text you supply will appear in your exim log.
You can search the exim log with something like:
    exigrep "maximum allowed line length" /var/log/exim/mainlog
and see all the log lines for each message-id,
which should give you the enough information to determine the message.
It will not normally log either the Subject: or the over-long line
(but I *think* you can log the subject line by including
     $h_subject:
in the message).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???