Re: [exim] IPv6 bug with reverse_host_lookup

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Robert Blayzor
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] IPv6 bug with reverse_host_lookup
On 6/24/21 11:09 AM, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> Is it repeatable, for that IP?
>
> What does this return?
>   exim -be '${lookup dnsdb {ptr=2602:ff1c:1:80::50}}'
>
> Can you get a repeat of the verify failure with debug enabled?

The lookup succeeds with the command line lookup:

exim -be '${lookup dnsdb {ptr=2602:ff1c:1:80::50}}'
mta4.pr.judicialwatch.org

This is not the only host we are seeing this fail with when the
connecting host is IPv6. Hosts have valid A *and* AAAA records, doesn't
seem to be an issue on V4; but seems to be happening with any valid dual
stacked host when it uses IPv6 on the connection.

Almost as if the verify once it pulls the PTR (which succeeds, is
looking up the returned host to see if a valid forward exists, but maybe
is only looking for A, but not AAAA?)

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net