[exim] haproxy smtps problem

Author: ecsim2021
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] haproxy smtps problem
Dear exim users,

I've installed exim4 on a Debian machine. This machine is not connected
directly to the Internet, but it goes through a vps server.

Incoming connections come from an haproxy on that vps server. I've been
able to route the incoming connections toward port 25. Now I need to
enable the authentication through port 465, but if I enable it on
haproxy, my exim server is not able to interpret the incoming message
and I see something like: "SMTP syntax error in "\026\003\001\001...."
on the exim log file.

Could you give me some hints to solve this problem please? Do you think
I can solve it with haproxy, or should I look for a different solution?

thanks

Ale