Re: [exim] normalized config format?

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] normalized config format?
Hi,

Felipe Gasper via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mo 05 Apr 2021 19:55:39 CEST):
> exim -bP config
> -----
> ^^ Is this meant to output a normalized parse of the config file?

Almost. But it doesn't parse/de-parse the configuration, it simply
normalizes .includes, normalizes leading whitespace, probably removes
trailing whitespaces, I'm not sure anymore about continuation lines.

It was meant as a helper to understand complex configurations that are
built from a multitude of includes and conditionals.

> It seems to leave certain (inconsequential?) whitespace changes in place that make it hard to compare a changeset in an automated way, e.g.:
>
> -----
> -    local_parts = ${if eq{$domain}{$primary_hostname}{+path_safe_localparts}{*}}
> +    local_parts = ${if eq {$domain} {$primary_hostname} {+path_safe_localparts} {*} }
> -----

I understand this, but we can't do that yet and there are no plans yet to
implement it.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann