[exim] normalized config format?

Author: Felipe Gasper
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] normalized config format?
exim -bP config

-----

^^ Is this meant to output a normalized parse of the config file?

It seems to leave certain (inconsequential?) whitespace changes in place that make it hard to compare a changeset in an automated way, e.g.:

-----
-    local_parts = ${if eq{$domain}{$primary_hostname}{+path_safe_localparts}{*}}
+    local_parts = ${if eq {$domain} {$primary_hostname} {+path_safe_localparts} {*} }
-----

I’d like to compare two versions of an exim.conf file, one of which uses different spacing from the other but *should* be otherwise identical. I’d love to do a diff on the two files and see it be identical to verify that they’re the same … is there anything out there that could do this?

Thank you!

-FG