Re: [exim] Mail with thousands recipients takes exponential …

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Mail with thousands recipients takes exponential longer time
On 12/03/2021 09:45, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> Am 12.03.21 um 10:21 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:
>>
>>> I have a static linear timeframe from one recipient to another appearing in the log file, once the actual delivery from thunderbird ended.
>>> strace says, it's due to my SQL select i use. it would go faster if the SQL result would be cached, instead of repeating itself.
>>

>> Could you show us the ACL line?
>

> it was a simple one like this:
>
> "select 1 from eximconfig where  '${quote_mysql:${domain:$item}}' REGEXP \Nconcat('^',domain,'$')\N and name='<FIXED KEYWORD>' and value='1' LIMIT 1

You didn't show the part where $item was derived (assuming that's what the ACL line
really says). Your obfuscation, not giving the entire ACL line, hinders.

That said, I would expect that query to be cachable. Your strace showed
repeated actual SQL lookups... could you run a test with debug enabled
and show the output? Just a couple of recipients would be enough,
and you could mail me direct rather than the mailinglist if you prefer
not to expose info to the whole world.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy