Re: [exim] Very strange problem: E-Mail denied by ACL, but …

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very strange problem: E-Mail denied by ACL, but send via router
On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 03:28:25PM +0100, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> Now, this is for me a confirmation, that Kaspersky want to send an E-Mail...
> Of course, I cannot leave the situation so, since the sender will retry to
> send the E-Mail...

Sender should NOT send e-mail after "deny", which is configured in your
data ACL, because it results in 55x status code on the SMTP session level.
This code should be treated as "fatal" by SMTP client, so processing of
message must be terminated on the sender's side, with optional bounce.

> I think, I must contact the support of Kaspersky.

I suggest to check validity of its license first.
--
Eugene Berdnikov