Re: [exim] queryprogram doesnt appear to be honouring orderi…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] queryprogram doesnt appear to be honouring ordering of HOSTS=
On 24/02/2021 17:30, Adam Low via Exim-users wrote:
> The debug below shows that EXIM is getting the 3 hosts returned
> from "queryprogram", and appears to successfully resolve the higher
> priority outlook.com MX's but it almost seems that the HOST_NOT_FOUND on
> the third invalid domain results in the whole delivery being aborted.

Yup, that does seem to be the case.

I can see two possible solutions, barring adding features to the
queryprogram driver:

- Modify your pane_lookup.pl to filter out these ".invalid" items
- Use a manualroute router rather than queryprogram, with enough
expansion cleverness in its "route_data" option to have it get
and massage data from running pane_lookup.pl - and with
"hosts_find_failed = ignore"--
Cheers,
Jeremy