Re: [exim] untaint assistance

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] untaint assistance
On 08/02/2021 04:10, Jim Pazarena via Exim-users wrote:
> a previous email (2020-11-07 Michael Haardt) suggests to " use two lookups, one for local_parts and one for domains , even if both perform the same lookup "
> I DO have another cdb file:  virtual_localuser_domains.cdb  ( if that can be utilized ) , but the original cdb referenced above contains the complete customer email addy ( addy@domain )

> I imagine , once the router is corrected , the "file =" in the transport
>
> will be:
>   file = MAILBOXES/VIRTUAL/${domain_data}/${local_part_data}

It depends on the data returned by the lookups.

In the router, the "domains=" option will be both a condition for running the router
(if the lookup succeeds), and also filling in $domain_data with the result of the lookup.
Likewise for the "local_parts=" option.

What you need for the transport "file=" option depends on what you can get into
those variables, which in turn depends on what is in your CDB files.

Before, you were only caring about the success of a CDB lookup. You now care
about the data returned. If you don't currently have any data associated with the keys
in your CDB files, you'll need to either add some, or use the "ret=key" option on
the lookups (cf docs Ch.9 Sec.2, assuming 4.94).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy