Re: [exim] Exim 4.94 - daemon_notifier_socket bind: Address …

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Odhiambo Washington
To: Mikhail Golub
CC: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim 4.94 - daemon_notifier_socket bind: Address already in use
On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 at 11:18, Mikhail Golub via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Hi.
> Sorry, but the problem exists :(
>
> Given:
> exim -bV
> Exim version 4.94 #4 (FreeBSD 12.2) built 25-Nov-2020 20:28:32
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2018
> (c) The Exim Maintainers and contributors in ACKNOWLEDGMENTS file, 2007
> - 2018
> Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
> Support for: crypteq iconv() use_setclassresources Perl Expand_dlfunc
> OpenSSL Content_Scanning DKIM PIPE_CONNECT PRDR SPF TCP_Fast_Open
> Experimental_SRS
> Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm
> dbmjz dbmnz dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql
> Authenticators: plaintext
> Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
> Transports: appendfile/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
> Malware: f-protd f-prot6d drweb fsecure sophie clamd avast sock cmdline
> Fixed never_users: 0
> Configure owner: 0:0
> Size of off_t: 8
> Configuration file is /usr/local/etc/exim/configure
>

> Exim installed from ports.
>
> I stop exim (service exim stop).
> Manually remove file /var/spool/exim/exim_daemon_notify
> Start exim (service exim start). File /var/spool/exim/exim_daemon_notify
> created.
> After that i reload exim (service exim reload) and give paniclog:
> 2021-02-05 10:07:24 daemon_notifier_socket bind: Address already in use
>
> Second experiment - start Exim with debug.
> service exim stop
> rm /var/spool/exim/exim_daemon_notify
>
> exim -bd -q5m -d+all > /var/log/exim/exim-debug.log 2>&1
> Exim started normally and exim_daemon_notify created.
> Send 'kill -1' to exim pid and give paniclog.
>
> Debug in attachment.

You are not alone. I had this problem too (actually I have it) but did a
workaround:
In rc.d/exim control script, I added a line:

notify=/var/spool/exim/exim_daemon_notify

Then down the script, I did this:

stop_postcmd()
{
rm -f $pidfile $notify <====== Added the $notify
}

Sometimes I just think it's not worth struggling so much. Maybe one day the
port maintainer will fix it.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,