Re: [exim] smtp timeouts sending to google servers

Góra strony
Autor: Gary Stainburn
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] smtp timeouts sending to google servers
On 03/02/2021 15:40, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 03/02/2021 15:12, Gary Stainburn via Exim-users wrote:
>> 1) Is there any contact point within Google that I can use to try to
>> get me unblocked?
>> 2) Is there anything I can do to improve my reputation with Google? I
>> am working through their bulk email sender guidelines?
>> 3) Until I fix the underlying problems, is it possible to route all
>> emails destined to google servers through another of my Exim boxes?
>> 4) Does anyone have any general advice to prevent this sort of thing
>> happening again, e.g. how we can continue to send out our mailshots?
>

> This isn't an Exim problem.
>
> My *guess* would be that Google's users don't actually want your
> mailshots
> and are declaring them as spam.  But you'd need to ask Google about that.

Hi Jeremy.

I was aware that this wasn't caused by EXIM, but as I cannot affect
Google, I can only change what I have.
The mailshots are opt-in, so they need to have asked to join in the
first place. I do suppose they could have changed their minds.

I have been trying to contact Google to try to resolve the problem but I
have been unable to find any way of doing this.  There appears to be no
support available unless you are a paid Google customer. The fact that
I'm trying to send to paid Google customers appears to be irrelevant.

The other suggestion regarding using manualroute has come up with the
short-term solution until I can get the issue resolved.