Re: [exim] smtp timeouts sending to google servers

Author: Bill Cole
To: Gary Stainburn via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp timeouts sending to google servers
On 3 Feb 2021, at 10:12, Gary Stainburn via Exim-users wrote:

> I am experiencing problems when trying to deliver to Google's email
> servers.
>
> My emails are timing out while trying to send.

The first thing to check before trying to persuade Google to change is
to make sure you are NOT using any non-default timeout values for
sending. The Exim defaults are all consistent with the recommendations
of RFC1123 Section 5.3.2, and if you reduce them you will cause yourself
problems which no receiver will be eager to solve for you.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???