Re: [exim] Binding on output interface...

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Binding on output interface...
Mandi! Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
In chel di` si favelave...

> On 29/01/2021 09:07, Marco Gaiarin via Exim-users wrote:
>> There's some way to 'bind on output', eg for output connection only some
>> interface?
> The smtp transport "interface" option.

Good point. But this is not the exact behaviour intended. In this way, i can
'list' the outgoing interface, that are tried in turn:

The first interface of the correct type (IPv4 or IPv6) is used for the outgoing connection.
If none of them are the correct type, the option is ignored. If interface is not set, or is ignored,
the system???s IP functions choose which interface to use if the host has more than one.

my intended behaviour was 'not' to use some interface, but still use the
'best' interface using routing decision.
That involve routing, not email routing, so probably i'm asking a dumb
question. ;-)

So, probably my only escape is to split transports by interface, and setup
outgoing routes using specific transport... right?!

Thanks.

--
  E sempre allegri bisogna stare, che il nostro piangere fa male al Re
  fa male al ricco, al Cardinale,