Re: [exim] Virtual mailboxes not working on new install.

Author: Adrian
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Virtual mailboxes not working on new install.
Thanks Jeremy

The current situation is that I'm in the middle of a server migration
from a quirky fifteen-year-old one to a hopefully much cleaner one.
Lots to migrate and troubleshoot.

The situation with exim4 is that it still works, albeit still using my
homebrew pipe transport script. Using that happily gets past any taint
problems too. I need to enable TLS certs, but that must wait till I
have Letsencrypt certificate signing on my new server.

I thought I'd found some documentation that hopefully will start from
concepts, cover the structure of the config files and end with
practical examples. But I've lost it again*. In the meantime I'll
migrate with my clunky but working system, and when things have died
down I'll read up the principles of exim4, and also the way Debian
messes around with it, with a view to recreating a clean install.

Thanks to all, especially Odhiambo Washington who has sent me a lot of
help offlist.

Adrian

*no, found in the github Wiki.