Re: [exim] Virtual mailboxes not working on new install.

Author: Adrian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Virtual mailboxes not working on new install.
I ran exim -d -bt adrian@???
(won't append the results here but can if useful)

This seems to resolve adrian@??? to ... adrian@???. So
nothing obvious to learn from there I guess.

The only config that seems to be responsible for the desired behaviour
(that I'm seeing in the old server) is in
router/360_exim4-local_vdom_aliases

which contains, in the vdom_aliases clause:
data =
${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/virtual/$domain}

and in the vdom_aliases_maildir clause:
data = /var/mail/virtual/$domain/$local_part/

This config is present in the new server but that's not happening.
Instead, what I AM seeing happen - i.e. appending to a MH file
in /var/mail/$local_part

seems to be configured in the file transport/30_exim4-config_mail_spool:

mail_spool:
debug_print = "T: appendfile for $local_part@$domain"
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part

which is present in the old and new configs.

So the old server does the router/360_exim4-local_vdom_aliases way, and
the new server silently ignores it and does the
transport/30_exim4-config_mail_spool way

I note that "vdom_aliases" doesn't appear anywhere in the latest exim4
spec, so I suspect that it has been obsoleted.

So maybe what I'm asking is for some simple documentation with examples
of how to set up the same behaviour under exim4 ver 4.92

Many thanks

Adrian