Re: [exim] Virus/Malware errors

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Virus/Malware errors
On 2021-01-19 Dan Egli via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> I was looking at a message that had somehow gotten through my spam filters
> to see if I could figure out why, when I discovered a line in the header
> that said the message had not been virus scanned by exim. THAT was a
> surprise. I have clamd running

                   ^^^^^ virus scanner

> and the exim.conf points to it (spamd_address > = 127.0.0.1 783),

                                  ^^^^^
                                  Spam scanner

You seem to be mixing up malware and spam scanning.

Also configuration of either of these has two parts. Telling exim *how* to
run the respective test (main configuration), and on *when* to run it
and how to act on its results (ACL setting).

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html

cu Andreas