Re: [exim] av_scanner is broken suddenly?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] av_scanner is broken suddenly?
On 30/12/2020 13:20, Victor Sudakov via Exim-users wrote:
> In my situation, I set net.inet.tcp.fastopen.client_enable=0 on the
> client (exim host) and it cured the problem.

Good to know. It's a workaround, not a fix, IMO.

> I could probably have set
> net.inet.tcp.fastopen.server_enable=1 on the server side (clamd host)
> and it would cure the problem too?

It's worth trying. However, a TFO implementation is *required*
to operate properly talking to a non-TFO peer.

> Jeremy, I did not quite understand if the whole problem is a bug in
> FreeBSD

This.

> or a bug in Exim, or both, but if I can provide any help or
> additional info/testing to clear the situation once and for all, I'd be
> glad to.

If you could get a run with the original configuration, but with debug
enabled (command-line "-d+all") on the exim that ends up calling
out to Clam, that will help to locate that "close(-1)" we saw.

If that's the exim daemon:

- Check using "ps" for any extra args normally used on your
exim daemon process
- stop the exim service
- run
# exim -d+all -bd 2>&1 | tee logfile