Re: [exim] transport compression for port 25, 143, 110

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] transport compression for port 25, 143, 110
On 12/12/2020 13:11, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> I was wondering, do modern smtp/imap/pop connections support compression ?

I've never seen it being offered for SMTP (but I've not been looking
specifically for it). It was suggested in 2016:

https://sandbox.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-smtp-compress/

- but there was only ever a version 0 of the draft. I assume
that means there wasn't sufficient interest. Presumably it would
be of most use in bandwidth-constrained - yet with cpu cycles to
spare - environments. Billions of emails would also require
extra energy to process them.

Exim does not support that draft currently. Volunteer programming,
testing and maintenance effort would be required.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy