Re: [exim] Android Outlook App

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Android Outlook App
Andreas via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Fr 04 Dez 2020 12:55:31 CET):
> All error messages from the app are wrong, if you give wrong passwords
> it gave wrong certificate, correct data gives wrong password and so on...
>
> In the exim log you can see:
> 2020-12-04 11:36:21 SMTP protocol synchronization error (input sent
> without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from xxx I=[xxx]:25
> input="\026\003\001"
>
> I think it tries SSL/TLS and it doesn't matter what port you give in the
> configuration of the app 25, 587 or 465, all the same. And there ist no
> option to tell the app what to use, plain, starttls or ssl.

And you do not have any chance to direct the App to Port 465, where Exim
offers tls_con_connect (as you you configured it)?

> So my question is, has anyone a working exim config which works with
> this very nice app?

You didn't tell us the App, did you?

One possible way would be to have Exim running on another IP address to
and use tls_on_connect there for port 25. Or at least (or even better)
use DNAT/REDIRECT on another IP:25 and redirect the traffic to Exim:465

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann