Re: [exim-dev] Default received_headers_max should be increa…

Autor: Viktor Dukhovni
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Default received_headers_max should be increased dramatically
On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 12:57:18AM -0500, Phil Pennock via Exim-dev wrote:

> I myself have only ever seen 30 reached when there's been a loop, but
> raising the default to 100 is reasonable IMO.
>
> Anyone object? Basis for objection? If objecting, alternative
> proposal?

FWIW, Postfix defaults to 50 hops. If Exim raises its limit to 100,
it'll run into bounces from any downstream Postfix systems. So before
jumping to 100, perhaps a more moderate 50 might be enough. I haven't
seen any complaints about 50.

    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#hopcount_limit

--
    Viktor.