[exim] dkim permissions

Author: James Strother
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] dkim permissions
My apologies if this question has been asked before, but I've been
searching and unable to come up with an answer.

I'm getting errors when I try to send outgoing emails that I don't have
permission to access the dkim private key. If I set the key to be
world-readable, then everything works perfectly. Setting the file to be
world-readable is okay temporarily (there are no non-admin users on this
machine), but seems like the wrong answer in the long-term.

I thought that exim might setuid to the exim user before trying to read the
key, but this doesn't seem to happen. It looks like it is trying to read
the key as the user sending outgoing emails. Is that right? Can you suggest
owners/permissions for the key?

Thanks in advance,
Jim