Re: [exim] Exim 4.94.0.4 works where Exim 4.94 fails with ta…

Author: Michael Haardt
To: Mike Tubby via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.94.0.4 works where Exim 4.94 fails with tainted path 'not permitted'
> I think I have have gotten my head around this now ...

Yes, you got the structure right.

> I have a global domain list:
> which I already use for routing non-local domains to our outgoing relays
> (smart hosts).  I can reference this in again in each router.
>
> ... and I don't need a 'condition' since the router will only match and
> call the transport if the domains and local_parts are both non-empty. I
> just have to remember to do the full cross table query (JOIN) otherwise
> I end up with unintended aliasing with the local part existing in every
> one of my local domains.

Exactly!

In the old days, that was the standard way of matching. Then conditions
were added, many people switched to them, and now we go back to the old
domains/local_parts way, because that sets the *_data variables.

If the documentation stated that somehow, it would ease migrations.

Michael