Re: [exim] Don't add received header for scanned mails

Author: Matthias Rieber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Don't add received header for scanned mails
Hello Jeremy,

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> On 19/10/2020 11:28, Matthias Rieber via Exim-users wrote:
>> I'm passing mails to spamassassin via a transport like:
>
>> I'm wondering if it's possible to NOT add new received header and a new
>> envelope-to header?
>
> Not while using that way of talking to SA.
> You could perhaps switch to a direct call from ACL to an SA socket?

actually I switched from acl to transport because I wanted to use
user_prefs. As far as I understand it's not easily possible during the ACL
phase because one need do to odd things like to reject a seconds RCPT TO.

Another issue while trying to do that in the ACL phase was, that I
couldn't access the result of the verified RCPT TO address. I thought
the result of the last router is available in the $address_data variable
in the acl_smtp_rcpt ACLs. Probably I did something wrong.

Matthias