Re: [exim] 421 lost input connection, not logged?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Cyborg
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] 421 lost input connection, not logged?
Am 08.10.20 um 15:55 schrieb Sander Smeenk via Exim-users:
> Hi,
>
> Spent a few minutes today figuring out what happens to a certain client
> trying to send mail to our Exim 4.93 #3 MTA since no traces of their IP
> could be found in our logs. But tcpdumping shows the session being
> terminated after STARTTLS, with Exim sending '421 lost input connection'
> over the wire[1].

Your Exim is fine, had that last week with a 4.94 . It was caused by
ANTIVIRUS (Avast if i'm not mistaken) Software intercepting the
transmission, presenting a bogus cert and than the client rejected it
and that was it for the connection.

It did not leave a trace in the logs.

@Devs: Maybe a nice FR to put a "421 client aborted connection from ip
x.x.x.x." in the logs.