Re: [exim] Help to logical OR two conditions

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Help to logical OR two conditions
On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 09:30:38AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> On 2020-10-07 10:33, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>
> > > However, look & feel of Exim's API leaves much to be desired... I
> > > would prefer C/Perl style (without numerous {}), which does not
> > > require syntax-highlighting editor to be managed even for simple
> > > expressions. Say, <cond1> || <cond2> instead of
> > > or{{<cond1>}{<cond2}}.
> >
> > Well, maybe after Sendmail has become irrelevant, we still need
> > something to be very tricky?
>
> That's funny, because right after I read Evgeny's post I felt an urge to
> point out that you can always write a macro preprocessor if the real
> syntax is too ugly ;-)

Yes. ;) BTW, Exim has built-in macro facility, which is really helpful.
Decompositions like

COND1 = ...
COND2 = ...
EXP1 = ...
something = ... ${if or{{COND1}{COND2}} {EXP1}fail} ...

may significantly improve readability and save time.
--
Eugene Berdnikov