Re: [exim] Sieve filter not working properly anymore, how to…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Yves Goergen
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Sieve filter not working properly anymore, how to debug?
Thanks for the pointer. I also found other interesting command line
options like the filter test. It also needed the -v or -d option
together with -bf to actually see the promised result. And that looked
all good.

So I went on and tried to test the filter loaded the regular way from
the database with the -bm option. Together with -v I found the message

> Sieve error: syntax error in line 2

somwhere in the terminal window.

When I commented out the second line (after the comment in the first
line), the reported line number changed to 3. Somehow that reminded me
of line endings. The database is fed from a web form entered in a
browser on Windows, processed by an ASP.NET Core application running on
Linux. I added code to filter out any \r characters, and that actually
did the trick. Multiline web forms seem to have CRLF line endings, and
the Exim documentation says that it wants LF-only filters.

So this is resolved, the filter text now contained the wrong line
endings. The relevant change lies in my config tooling.

As a small wish: Those Sieve syntax error messages are a bit hard to
get. It would be nice if they could be included in the regular log
files. That would make debugging Sieve filters a lot easier. There
doesn't seem to be a log selector for that.

-Yves