[pcre-dev] Is compiling 10.35 PCRE2 with -Ofast safe?

Author: Avery Tarasov
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Is compiling 10.35 PCRE2 with -Ofast safe?
I'm looking to optimize PCRE2 10.35 for speed as much as possible on my
GCC 10.2/MingW setup.  I know the default PCRE2 flag uses O2, and I have
used Ofast before without issue, but I don't know how safe it really
is.  I searched Google and couldn't find and documentation about the
safety/feasibility of alternative optimization levels with PCRE2.  Is
Ofast completely safe?  If not, what about O3?  If either are not safe
what are the specific risks/etc?

Thanks so much for any feedback / suggestions!!

Best Regards,

-Avery T.

A huge PCRE fan