Re: [exim] Adding authentication-results header field only l…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding authentication-results header field only locally
On 17/09/2020 23:30, Jim Fenton via Exim-users wrote:
> So instead I have tried putting into my mail_spool transport:
>
> headers_add = ${authresults {$primary_hostname}}
>
> but I'm not seeing the header field in locally-delivered messages (yes,
> I am using mail_spool local delivery). Is this the wrong approach?

It's not one I'd considered. My assumption was that since
one does authentication in the various ways as Exim accepts
the message, that was when the results would be recorded.
Obviously I wasn't thinking hard enough.

I think it will mostly, but not quite all, work.
Bits of the ARC info, for example, I think will not.
Basically, all the items that are made
available as exim variables will be ok (because they get
passed along with the message even in spool files).
Other info will not.

[ you're going to really confuse me, using a transport called
"mail_spool". What are you really trying to do? ]

You could, in acl, plonk the header string into a variable
which this one transport then used to add it as a header.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy