Re: [exim] Temporary internal error

Author: Yves Goergen
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Temporary internal error
Hm, this prints more details, among others:

PGSQL new connection: socket=/var/run/postgresql database=) user=dfctl
lookup deferred: PGSQL invalid filename for socket: /var/run/postgresql

I'm not sure what's exactly invalid here. But it's not what I configured
either. This is the relevant config:

PGSQL_HOST = (/var/run/postgresql/)
PGSQL_USER = mailreader
PGSQL_DB = dfctl
hide pgsql_servers = "PGSQL_HOST/PGSQL_DB/PGSQL_USER"

Somehow Exim got confused with the database connection parts. The
parenthesis syntax was explained in the documentation, to avoid
confusion with all those slashes in there. Doesn't seem to work, it got
confused.

How should I configure a PostgreSQL connection using a local socket and
no password in Exim?

The socket path works fine in Dovecot, exactly as shown, with leading
and trailing slash.