Re: [exim] Debian9/exim4.89 does TLS and SMTP AUTH with gmai…

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
CC: Marc MERLIN
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian9/exim4.89 does TLS and SMTP AUTH with gmail, but Debian10/exim4.92 doesn't?
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 07:01:25PM -0700, Marc MERLIN via Exim-users wrote:
> I'm more confused though, because with Mail -v, starttls does not
> happen, or looks like it doesn't, but maybe does and it's not shown
> in the newer exim.

With traffic analyzer you can get direct answer is there STARTTLS or no.

> Either way, the debian10 Email isn't going through.
>
> Ok, so now I'm comparing the rest of the d+all that works (9) vs the one that doesn't (10)

Probably your configurations (deb9 vs deb10) are different. Compare files
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated (or even /etc/exim4/conf.d/ trees).
Check carefully debian parameters AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS.
--
Eugene Berdnikov