Re: [exim] Why $domain variable expands to sender domain?

Author: Kevin Shell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why $domain variable expands to sender domain?
My mail via Gmane was rejected by moderator, stating I'm not a member.
I've subscribed to the Exim Users list.
Below is the reply reposted.

In article <5de21d31-cf20-08f0-7faf-562271d99ccb@???> you wrote:

>> Why $domain expands to sender domain?
>
> It is doing what the docs say:
>
> (address rewriting chapter, section 6)
>
> "Within the expansion, the variables $local_part and $domain refer to
> the address that is being rewritten"

Then how to refers to recipent domain when rewriting
envelope and header sender address in address rewrite section?
There is no variable like $recipent_address_domain parallels to
$sender_address_domain.

I want to rewrite sender address conditionally based on recipent domain, i.e.
if recipent domain is in local domains, don't do rewrite
else rewrite envelope and header sender address.

Is it possible to do this in Exim?
Thanks.

--
kevin