Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE compilation error on HPUX

Author: ph10
To: Gaurav Mittal11
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE compilation error on HPUX
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, Gaurav Mittal11 wrote:

> I am compiling PCRE 8.44 on HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 with below options.
>

> export CC=/opt/aCC/bin/aCC
> export CFLAGS="+DD64 -mt"
> export CPPFLAGS="+DD64 -mt"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/hpux64/"
>

> It is compiling successfully from my own user id but after switching to
> generic sudo ID, it is giving below error, although I have copied .profile
> from my own id.

As nobody has replied to this, I guess nobody who sees this has the
relevant HP-UX knowledge. I am replying just so you know the message has
been seen. Comments:

NOTE: PCRE1 (the 8.xx series) is obsolete and no longer maintained. The
current PCRE2 (10.xx series) package has been available for 5 years now.
Unless you have a specific need for PCRE1 (a program still uses it) you
should be looking at PCRE2. However, PCRE2 does not come with the C++
wrapper that seems to be the cause of your trouble.

>   CXX      libpcrecpp_la-pcrecpp.lo
>   CXX      libpcrecpp_la-pcre_scanner.lo
>         aCC  /opt/XPADE/v3/opt/aCC/include_std/rw/ctype.cc
> -L/usr/lib/hpux64/ -o /opt/XPADE/v3/opt/aCC/include_std/rw/ctype
> "/opt/XPADE/v3/opt/aCC/include_std/rw/ctype.cc", line 30: error #2020:
>           identifier "std" is undefined
>   _RWSTD_NAMESPACE_BEGIN (std)

The file mentioned is nothing to do with PCRE nor is
_RWSTD_NAMESPACE_BEGIN. They must be some kind of HP-UX-isms

Philip

--
Philip Hazel