Re: [exim] Exim 4.94 - daemon_notifier_socket bind: Address …

Author: haoniukun
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.94 - daemon_notifier_socket bind: Address already in use
Hi,

I actually happen to see the same question recently.
One problem I found is that if I use exit_ctl to stop the process, this file can be removed without any problem.
But if I use -d option to start the exim daemon from the command line to check the debug output and then use ctrl+c to kill the process, the file exim_daemon_notify cannot be removed properly.
As a result, I cannot start exim process.
And for me, if I manually remove exim_daemon_notify file, exim can start successfully for me.
It took me really a long time to figure this out though.
I cannot find any relevant information from the search engine.
But you need to make sure you only have one instance of exim running.
I’m using a Mac. But I believe it applies to freebsd as well since your error message is exactly the same as mine, as well as the exim version.

Cheers,
Kun