Re: [exim] Moving a queue from server to server

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Moving a queue from server to server
On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 12:03:09PM -0400, Phil Pennock via Exim-users wrote:

> > As to how: just copy the files. And delete the old ones. Preferably
> > having ensured the daemon on the old machine is not running.
> >
> > I'm not answering the "whether to"; that's policy.
>
> Be sure to transfer the -D files before the -H files; probably in order

Don't know how well the advice traslates to Exim, but on the Postfix
users list the standard advice for moving queued mail to a new server is
to configure the new server as a smarthost relay on the old, and just
transfer the queued mail via SMTP! (This may involve also configuring
the old server to not treat any domains as "local").

FWIW, moving queue files is also possible, but SMTP transfer is
preferred.

--
    Viktor.