[exim] Moving a queue from server to server

Author: Johnnie W Adams
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Moving a queue from server to server
Hi, folks,

     We've got several Exim servers in our data center. One is a quarantine
box which accepts mail with certain spam headers set from our inbound
gateway and freezes them; if one of those pieces of mail is needed, I
unfreeze it and send it back to the inbound gateway, spam header removed
and on its way to the outbound gateway. All of which is fine.

     Now I'm replacing that box with a newer one and wondering how to move
the queue of frozen mail from the old machine to the new--or if I'm better
off just waiting till it all expires.

     What would you do?

Thanks,

     John A

--
John Adams
Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.