[exim] de-taint a file string

Author: Niels Kobschätzki
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] de-taint a file string
Hi,

I am looking through the documentation and the mailing list but I cannot
find out how to convert this simple acl:

  deny  message = Invalid user
         domains =
partial-lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/secondary_filter_domains
         local_parts =
!nwildlsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/secondary_accounts/$domain

When I just switch to $domain_data I get this error
failed to open
/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/secondary_accounts/194.xxx.xxx.xxx for linear
search: No such file or directory

And can someone give me a hint how do I test stuff like this? I know
there is exim -be, but I have no clue how I could just test if for
example:
recipient = foo@???
the above lookup will look in
/usr/local/etc/exim/conf/secondary_accounts/bar.org for “foo”
Right now I upgrade exim, have a look at my errors, stop exim, try to
fix the config, start again. Eventually I downgrade, and overwrite my
config because I just feel to stupid to migrate these long configuration
files that worked for years to the new tainted reality.

Niels