Re: [exim] testing login from the command line

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] testing login from the command line
On 05/07/2020 22:23, Chris Gerhard via Exim-users wrote:
> Just in case anyone else hits this. On Illumos it appears that if you
> have _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED set when compiling src/ip.c then connect
> will check the permissions on the socket in the file system, which for
> the dovecot auth socket is mode 600 and owned by dovecot, not exim. This
> seems odd to have the permission checking controlled by the way the
> client is compiled rather than the way the server is, but that is what
> happens.
>
> Adding:
>
> #ifdef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
> #undef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
> #endif
>
> to the top of src/ip.c makes authentication work.

connect(), the library call, behaves differently on a
#define in the calling code? Aargh!

How do you feel about setting up, and watching, a buildfarm
animal for Illumos? We don't have one currently, and it would
catch things like this and give us a chance to work out what
sanely to do.

If it's diverging significantly from Solaris we can easily
add a new build target, given a way of identifying the platform.

You need to be able to run the testsuite, as a start.
Contact me offlist (mail, or irc on freenode #exim) for help.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy