Re: [exim] de-taint efficiency

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] de-taint efficiency
> domainlist local_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains
>
> How can I just search the local_domains list? I've looked at the various
> lookup types but don't see any way to lookup something from the named list
> and have it return a clean domain name that I can reference in $domain_data
>

> I've got quite a few routers that are using 'domains =
> lsearch,ret=key;/domains/domains.dat' which I assume Exim really is opening
> that file and searching every time.
>
> Can I make it more efficient by using the named list?

Exim caches list look results, so repeated use gets an efficincy
benefit. There is no efficiency benefit from using a named list
per se; they are just syntactic sugar to make writing the config
less verbose.

However... specifically for your case, the cache lookup uses the
filename of the search-definition, and then checks the options -
so if you mix (in your case) ret=key and plain, the caching is
inoperative. That could be a future enhancement.

But: unless you are using +local_domains in some more-complex
manner than most people, it seems like you could put ret=key
in that definition.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy