Re: [exim] Condition fail out of verify...

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Condition fail out of verify...
On 2020-07-03 Marco Gaiarin via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> really i don't remember exactly how, but i've added to my boilerplate exim
> config file an ACL, near the end of acl_check_rcpt ACL, that sounds like:

[...]
>   require
>     message = ${if >{$rcpt_fail_count}{0} {unrouteable address}{unknown user}}
>     log_message = ${if >{$rcpt_fail_count}{0} {Dictionary attack (${eval:$rcpt_fail_count+1} failed recipients)}{}}
>     domains = !+local_domains
>     verify = recipient/LOCAL_RELAY_VERIFY_OPTIONS
>     delay = ${eval:TEERGRUBE+TGRCPT*$rcpt_fail_count}s

> but this ACL seems to pass for verify pass, but fail for delivery:

[...]
> processing "require"

[...]
> pnlug.it in "!+local_domains"? no (matched "!+local_domains" - cached)

You "require" any message recipient domain part to *not* match +local_domains
which is not the case.

BTW it is not a good idea to specify log_message before doing the actual
testing, you will log a message for every message not just the delayed
ones.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'