[exim] SMTP_LINE_LENGTH_LIMIT never ignored

Author: Jacques B. Siboni
To: Sebastian Nielsen via Exim-users
Subject: [exim] SMTP_LINE_LENGTH_LIMIT never ignored
Dear colleagues

Thank you first for the help you brought me to calm down some spammers!

I still have a question, I have never been able to overpass the 998 smtp line
length limit although I put:

IGNORE_SMTP_LINE_LENGTH_LIMIT = true
bounce_return_linesize_limit = 10000

  .ifndef IGNORE_SMTP_LINE_LENGTH_LIMIT
  deny    message    = maximum allowed line length is 998 octets, \
                       got $max_received_linelength
          condition  = ${if > {$max_received_linelength}{998}}
  .endif

I suppose it is hard coded in the source otherwise I can't explain

i need this as as some mailman bounces are longer than 998

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Jacques

--
Jacques B. Siboni mailto:jacsib@Lutecium.org
8 pass. Charles Albert, F75018 Paris, France