[exim-dev] Documentation build

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-dev@exim.org
Temat: [exim-dev] Documentation build
Any XML experts in the house?

The nicely-complex and fragile house of cards that is
the Exim documentation build no longer functions on
my main build system, thanks to an upgrade from Fedora 31
to 32.

Checking on VMs confirms. F32: broken.

The symptom bites during the build of the website,
presumably generating html from xml: multiple errors
of the form

/tmp/exim-packaging-vswB/tmp/spec.xml:789: parser error : Entity 'ndash'
not defined
messages in its queue – that is, those that it is in the process of

- for several different, but basic-looking, entity types.
ndash, copy and nbsp. According to wikipedia these are known things;
just single glyphs.

The build process then bombs out and wipes its results area.
The die line is:
     my $xml = XML::LibXML->new()->parse_file($xml_path) or die $!;

Anyone feel motivated to work on this? It's beyond me, and if
it doesn't get some love then we'll soon be in the situation
of not being able to generate output versions of the docs.

I already can't easily check changes, and it's showing.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy