Re: [exim] Spurious permission denied error

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Spurious permission denied error
On 28/04/2020 11:32, Russell King via Exim-users wrote:
> I notice you set a Reply-to: header on your messages, were you
> expecting me to reply to that address, or to the list? I've
> chosen the list.

I blame Thunderbird. List is preferred, as far as I'm concerned.

> When exim chooses to use one of the addresses that results in
> the 'REJECT' rule being hit on the firewall, the machine running exim
> gives a "Permission denied" errno. I can trigger this via:
>
> # telnet xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:214:fdff:fe10:1be6 25
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Permission denied

Oh, now _that_ is fun. Exim is merely reporting what the
OS tells it. If you strace that telnet, is it actually
the "connect" syscall that returns EPERM? That's the implication
of the error message.

The Linux connect(2) mapage offers EPERM for a local firewall
rule, but yours is remote... I wonder what a packet capture
shows?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy