Re: [exim] Rewrite Rcpt in copied mail

Author: Kai Bojens
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewrite Rcpt in copied mail
Am 27.04.20 um 17:03 schrieb Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users:

>> … in order to send these mails to this specific server. In my
>> understanding "redirect" only manipulates the adressess but could not be
>> combined with the specific route to this archiving server.

> Why? "Redirect" router changes recipient's address, and "manualroute"
> router feeds a copy with new address to specific transport.

The original mail must stay unchanged. Only the copied mail needs a) to
be routed to the archiving server and b) has its envelope recipient
changed. The only way this could work is when I would redirect the copy
to exim itself to restart the delivery process and then manipulate the
destination. But this sounds like the first step into hell ;)

If I understand the documentation correctly the manipulation within one
router is exclusive to this router so that even an "unseen" would not
preserve these changes.

Maybe I just send the copied mail to the archive server and set up an
Exim daemon on this server to then manipulate the headers before
injecting the mail into the archive daemon.