Re: [exim] ARC signing and verification

Author: Tom Crane
To: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
CC: Tom Crane
Subject: Re: [exim] ARC signing and verification
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> On 25/04/2020 04:20, Tom Crane via Exim-users wrote:
>>> You could have done the same edit using native Exim factilities,
>>> and not needing the system-filter, but no matter.
>>
>> Out of interest how?
>
> in data acl :-
>
>  warn  hosts = <the O365 outbound>
>     remove_header = Subject
>     add_header =    Subject: ${sg {$h_subject:} {\N[EXT] \N} {}}

Thanks. Noted.

I have a had couple of emails pass through my exim server whose logs
from the ARC verification logwrite report,

ARC_state: <fail> condition = true logwrite = reason: <AMS body hash miscompare>

I don't have access to the emails in question to examine their headers but
I am assuming that, in contrast with all the others, they were ARC signed
and that my ARC configuration is in fact working and doing the correct
thing, and that the only problem is the verification failure caused by the
upstream MTA's header/body manipulation. Does this look correct?

Thanks
Tom.